On November 23-28 and December 3, 2020 the second seminar-conference on priority issues of obstetrics and neonatology according to the best international practices was successfully held in online format within the project “Development of tools for implementation of clinical guidelines on medical care for pregnant women, women in labor and newborns in the practice of healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. This project is implemented by INTAMT from October 2019 to June 2021 together with a group of leading experts in gynecology, neonatology, anesthesiology, resuscitation and intensive care from Austria and Germany on behalf of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan and is funded by the World Bank under the RK Social Health Insurance Project.
130 managers and field specialists of regional and national perinatal centers from different regions of the country attended the event. The seminar-conference occurred in a mixed format: acquaintance in form of video lectures of specialists and the following “live” dialogue in order to answer numerous questions that have arisen among the Kazakhstani specialists, in form of the common “Question and Answer” format.
During the past cycle of webinars, the seminar-conference has considered the following, most current topics in Kazakhstan to, related to childbirth and neonatal health care:
- Screening of newborns: current international standards and prospects
- Preterm infants at the limit of viability
- Psychosocial support of parents of preterm infants – experiences in Germany
- Anesthesiology in obstetrics
- Infusion and transfusion therapy in massive peripartum hemorrhage
- Management of pregnancy and birth modes in resuscitation of pregnant women with cardiovascular and extragenital diseases
- Choice of birth modes and anesthesia in pregnant women with proven COVID-19
- Pulmonary thromboembolism and pregnancy
- Prenatal diagnostics and antenatal management and their role in long-term child development
- Peripartum management of intrauterine growth retardation
- High-risk pregnancies and perinatal outcome
The speakers were European experts of the project: Prof. Dr. Guido Engelmann, Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Strauss, Dr. med. Dr. Carsten Hagenbeck, Prof. Dr. med. Kubilay Ertan, et al. Dr. Pavel Sokolsky, et al. Dr. Andreas Bertomeu.
For the first half of 2021, after the approval of 30 new and revised clinical protocols on medical care to pregnant women, women in labor and newborns developed within this project, it is planned to put them into the practice of Kazakhstan perinatal centers. Due to limitations because of the COVID-19 pandemic and impossibility of carrying out previously planned face-to-face trainings, INTAMT Academy, together with European experts involved in the project, started preparing a cycle of virtual workshops on practical training of perinatal care.
Thanks to organizational and technical measures taken, INTAMT Academy has managed to successfully transfer current activities into a distance-digital format, such as this but also other international educational projects implemented by the INTAMT Academy.