Labour & Social Affairs
In the field of Labour & Social Affairs, INTAMT Academy is offering educational programs on the following subjects:
- Legal framework regulating employment relationship
- Organization and infrastructure of system of public employment service
- Models of employer- employee relationship
- Human resources management
- Occupational safety and health protection
- Organization of employment assistance for the unemployed
- Legal framework governing social welfare
- Organization and forms of social welfare
- Legal assistance and welfare for minors
- State support of low-income families and youth
- Social protection of the unemployed
- Social protection of the elderly
Social integration of people with disabilities
- Organization, legal basis and forms of social welfare for people with disabilities
- Social integration of people with disabilities
- Inclusive education of children with disabilities
- Professional integration of people with disabilities
- Employment services for people with disabilities
- Technical means of rehabilitation for people with disabilities
- Organization of mutual assistance among people with disabilities
Comprehensive rehabilitation services for people with disabilities
Since 2006 INTAMT Academy has been conducting workshops, study tours and international conferences addressing rehabilitation services and programs for disabled people. These events are held to explore best practices in this area and cover the following topics:
- System for comprehensive rehabilitation services for disabled people: its organization and operation
- Innovative technologies and work organization in developing a barrier-free environment addressing the needs of people with disabilities
- Promising practices of inclusive education for children and youth with disabilities
- Vocational training and employment for people with disabilities
- Public-private partnerships in social services sector, development of social entrepreneurship
- Innovative solutions in medical rehabilitation of disabled people
- Assistive devices and their distribution to people with disabilities
- Organization of long-term nursing care of the disabled and elderly as well as its funding
- Non-governmental self-help organizations of persons with disabilities
During the events the participants attend lectures from key specialists, visit state and municipal social welfare authorities, innovative companies producing medical equipment and assistive devices for people with disabilities, educational institutions, health care facilities, self-help organizations and the world’s biggest trade fair of goods and services for disabled persons “REHACARE international”, which is annually held in Düsseldorf.
Previously, around 1000 people took part in 32 seminars and study tours as well as in 4 international conferences organized by INTAMT Academy.
Russian-German Project “Together towards an inclusive society”
Social protection and social integration of people with disabilities is an essential topic of Russian-German humanitarian engagement. INTAMT Academy made a significant contribution in this regard initiating a joint Russian-German project, “Together towards an inclusive society”, in 2010. In line with the project we organized regular visits for groups of German and Russian young people with disabilities and students of social work and pedagogics to Moscow and Düsseldorf respectively. During their stay the participants visited residential facilities for young disabled persons, schools, universities, vocational institutions, employment agencies, self-help organizations of people with disabilities in order to familiarize themselves with everyday life as well as with educational, labour market integration and employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Russia and Germany. The programs also included sightseeing tours and walks through Moscow and Düsseldorf which young participants found especially exciting, as they could see and experience a city infrastructure in terms of its accessibility for people with disabilities, as well as enjoy the usual attractions.
The highlights of the project are various discussions, round table events and themed sessions, where our participants share their experience and opinions on current issues concerning development of an inclusive society: acceptance of disabled persons, accessibility, mobility, inclusive education, vocational training, employment, daily and personal life, social participation. It is especially important that German and Russian experts take part in the events including professionals working with disabled persons, heads of federal and municipal authorities, members of parliaments and representatives of non-profit organizations. Getting the first-hand knowledge about issues, suggestions and wishes of people with disabilities the professionals can find a better way to implement them into practice.
In 2010-2015 INTAMT Academy carried out 7 visits of the German group to Moscow and of the Russian group to Düsseldorf. These visits took place with organizational and financial support of a Russian non-governmental organization of people with disabilities, “Piligrim”, as well as Moscow Social Security Department and German-Russian Society of Youth Exchanges (Hamburg). The meetings resulted in a regular networking of German and Russian persons with disabilities, several joint projects in education and tourism as well as contributing to increasing understanding between German and Russian youth.
Role of self-help organizations of people with disabilities in ensuring their social integration
In line with the project funded by the German Federal Foreign Office “Promoting civil society in the Eastern partnership countries” INTAMT Academy organized a 5-day event for heads and representatives of self-help organizations of people with disabilities form Belarus, Germany, Russia and Ukraine. The event took place from October 12-17, 2015 in Düsseldorf and was focused on the role self-help organizations play in ensuring integration of persons with disabilities into a society. The participants familiarized themselves with the following topics:
- Social policy, system of social protection for people with disabilities and their integration into society in Germany
- Development and implementation of the action plan in the German federal state of North Rhine- Westphalia (NRW) “Eine Gesellschaft für Alle –NRW inclusive”
- Good practice in making a barrier-free build environment and providing mobility for people with disabilities in Düsseldorf, involving self-help organizations of disabled persons in cooperation with municipal authorities
- Federal programs focused on promoting self-help organizations of people with disabilities and volunteering
- A support program of the German federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) aimed at development of inclusive education, vocational training and employment in this federal state
- Models of assisted living for people with disabilities
- Activities of several self-help organizations of people with disabilities
- A wide range of consumer goods, assistive devices, wheelchairs and transport equipment for disabled persons offered at the trade fair “REHACARE International 2015”.
During roundtable discussions participants shared their experience in terms of activities of self-help organizations in Belarus, Germany, Russia and Ukraine, discussed promising areas of international cooperation in inclusive education, increasing employment rates of disabled persons and expanding their social participation. The event took place in a friendly atmosphere and contributed to mutual understanding and cooperation between representatives of civil society organizations from Belarus, Germany, Russia and Ukraine.
DISEMEX – Disability Employment Expert
Analyzing best practices in accommodation of people with disabilities into the primary labour market.
Employment of disabled persons is a crucial factor facilitating their social integration. German Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BiBB) has commissioned INTAMT Academy to launch a multinational project to explore and analyze best European practices in this field. The project DISEMEX is co-funded by the European commission (ERASMUS+ project) and is implemented by the project consortium consisting of experts from seven EU countries and Turkey (Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkey and the UK). The aim of our project is to conduct a survey of good practices focused on facilitating the integration of people with disabilities in each country as well as to organize exchange visits for the participating experts. As a project coordinator INTAMT Academy will be providing a final report based on the results of the project.
- Bulgaria: Bulgarian Development Agency
- Italy: Centro Internazionale Per La Dell`educazione E Lo Sviluppo Associazione (CEIPES)
- Poland: 36,6 Competence Centre
- Romania: Asociatia Centrul European pentru Integrare Socioprofesionala (ACTA)
- Slovenia: OZARA storitveno in invalidsko podjetje d.o.o.
- Turkey: Izmir Covernorship – EU and Foreign Relations Bureau;
- Engelsiz Toplum Olusturma Dernegi (ETOD)
- Scotland – 36,6 Competence Centre (Scotland).
The project started on September 1, 2018 and will be completed on February 29, 2020.
Fostering a social rehabilitation of wheelchair users in the Gomel region (the Republic of Belarus)
IBB was entrusted with the implementation of Belarus Support Program on behalf of the Society for International Cooperation. Within this Support Program INTAMT executed a joint project with Gomel NGO for people with spinal cord injuries “Invalidy-Spinalniki”. The project “Organization of an innovative and well-timed service provision in social rehabilitation for wheelchair users in the Gomel region” was implemented in 2017-2018.
We organized the following events:
- a training for health professionals and nursing staff of the Regional Clinical Hospital for Great Patriotic War Veterans, Gomel region
- a study tour to Germany for skilled employees from Belarus (representatives of NGO “Invaldy-Spinalniki”, representatives of Public Health Departments of the regional administration, Gomel, representatives of Employment, Labour and Social Affairs Committee of the regional administration Gomel, personnel of the local public service centres in Dobrush and Loyev as well as medical staff of Gomel regional clinical hospital. During the study tour the participants learned about organization of the rehabilitation system in Germany and its operation including medical measures, support services, consultation offers and services promoting social and professional participation.
- 14 conferences, business meetings, seminars and trainings aimed at medical and social rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injuries in the Gomel region. More than 450 people participated in those events including skilled employees and senior managers of regional and communal administration, health care facilities and educational institutions as well as people with disabilities, students and volunteers.
The project has strengthened collaboration between state authorities and NGOs of people with disabilities in the Gomel region and contributed to the creation of a more integrated approach to the social participation enabling an improvement in the of quality of life in people with spinal cord injuries in this region.
Blended learning course for further training
In June 2018 INTAMT Academy successfully conducted a blended learning training course “Digital University: Uses of information and communication technology in leading educational institutions”. The event was organized for educators from L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Kazakhstan).
The course participants attended online webinars given by respected German experts addressing theoretical issues. To learn the best practices in digital education Kazakh professionals visited innovative universities in the Netherlands.