On the 22nd and 29th May 2020, the first two online lectures from the webinar series of the leading German specialist in the field of diabetology, Professor Stefan Martin, were held as part of the Virtual Academy for Advanced Training in Medicine project.
Speaker, Professor Stefan Martin – German diabetologist, head of the West German Center for Diabetes and Health, Düsseldorf/Westdeutsches Diabetes- und Gesundheitszentrum (WDGZ) and Chief physician for Diabetology at the Association of Catholic Clinics in Düsseldorf, which owns 6 hospitals, where he has created a unique interdisciplinary therapy system in the world, thanks to which more than 6,000 classic “inpatient patients” with diabetes are treated with telemedicine.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- 1990 Award of the German Diabetic Society
- 1995 Bennigsen-Fourder Prize of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- 1997 Theodor Freerich Prize of the German Society for Internal Diseases
- 2002 Ernst Friedrich Pfeiffer Prize of the German Diabetic Society
- 2002 Anne Wunderlich Foundation Juliang Prize
You can watch past webinars here.